This turkey stew recipe is easy, healthy and warming. Providing a decent 37g of protein per serving this recipe is a great option for those seeking healthy food that is easy to prepare.
Easy Turkey Stew Recipe
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 400g turkey breast steaks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 125g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized courgette, chopped
- 4 medium-sized carrots, peeled and chopped
- 600g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsps tomato purée
- a good pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- a few drops of tabasco (optional)
How To Make Easy Turkey Stew
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the ginger, paprika and turmeric and fry for 30 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Add the turkey and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, to seal on both sides.
- Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring until soft.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the courgette and carrots and fry for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Taste and add more seasoning if required.
- Serve on a bed of steamed rice or enjoy on its own.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze on same day.
- Serves 3
- Per serving:
- 318 calories
- 6g fat
- 29g carbs
- 37g protein