Packed with 35g of protein per serving, this tuna, tomato and chive quiche recipe also provides you with healthy fats. It is an ideal meal for any time of day due to the lower carbohydrate content in addition to being nutrient dense. Each serving provides approximately 287 kcal. Enjoy.
Tuna, Tomato & Chive Quiche Recipe
- A small amount of coconut oil or butter to grease tin
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 120g tinned tuna in spring water, drained well and flaked with a fork
- 50g button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cherry or plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- A pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- 30g Cheddar cheese, grated
How To Cook
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
- Grease the base and sides of a 15x15cm baking tin with coconut oil or butter.
- Crack the eggs and egg white into a large jug and beat with a fork.
- Add the tuna and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, chives, salt, pepper and cheese. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin. Use a fork to distribute the tomatoes evenly around the tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch.
- Cut into 4 squares and remove from the tin with a fish slice.
- Serves 2
- Per serving:
- 287 calories
- 15g fat
- 3g carbs
- 35g protein
- Enjoy warm or cold.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze on same day.