Here’s a revitalising soup recipe for you – enjoy!
- 1 tsp ghee or coconut oil
- 6 small shallots, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 120g oyster or shiitake mushrooms, ends removed
- 800ml chicken stock (made with 1 organic stock cube)
- 500g fresh chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 heads baby pak choi, ends removed, leaves separated and washed
- 150g white cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tsp ground black pepper
- a large pinch of sea salt
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- juice of 1 lime
- a small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 506 calories
- 10g fat
- 44g carbs
- 60g protein
- Heat the ghee / oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic and ginger and fry gently for 3 minutes.
- Stir frequently, to ensure the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the spring onions, mushrooms and stock.Stir and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast. Stir to cover in the liquid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the pak choi and cabbage. Stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the miso paste, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and combine well. Add to the soup and stir until well combined. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles, cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Serve garnished with coriander and a squeeze of lime juice. Stir well and serve.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze on same day.
Hope you love this high protein soup recipe.
If you’re struggling to eat healthily and you’re feeling sedentary, but not sure how to stay consistent please get in touch.