This quick taco salad recipe provides 34g of protein per serving. As well as being tasty and satisfying it is also easy to make.
Quick Taco Salad Ingredients
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 250g lean beef mince
- 2 tbsps tomato purée
- 100g tinned kidney beans, drained well
- 1 romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, diced
- ½ a red or yellow bell-pepper, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced or sliced
- 1 tbsp Cheddar cheese, grated (use dairy free cheese if preferred) for the seasoning:
- 1-2 tsps hot chilli powder (depending on preference)
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Mix the seasoning ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the beef and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Use a wooden spoon to break it down into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Add 2 tsps of the seasoning and stir well. Cook for 1 minute or until the beef is thoroughly cooked. Taste test, and add more seasoning if required.
- Add the tomato purée and kidney beans. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes or until heated throughout.
- Divide the lettuce leaves between two serving bowls. Add the bell-pepper, tomato, avocado and cooked beef. Top with the grated cheese and serve.
- Store any leftover beef in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze on same day. Store and leftover salad in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Serves 2
- Per serving:
- 405 calories
- 21g fat
- 20g carbs
- 34g protein