This coffee protein bar recipe make me happy. Not only do they provide a balance of protein, fat and carbohydrate, they are also coffee flavoured.
Coffee Flavoured Protein Bars Recipe
- 70g soft pitted dates
- 80g cashews or almonds
- 40g vanilla or chocolate flavour whey or rice protein powder
- 2 tsps cocoa powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coffee granules dissolved in 15ml recently boiled water (use decaffeinated coffee
- 20g dark chocolate (75% minimum cocoa), chopped roughly
* I prefer to use an espresso maker to add a shot of espresso but at the end of the day this is down to your own taste and the convenience that granulated coffee brings.
How To Cook
- Place the dates and cashews in a blender or food processor jug and blend into a thick paste.
- Add 1-2 tsps of cold water if required, to help combine the mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the dark chocolate, and blend well until thoroughly combined. Scrape down the sides of the jug during blending if required.
- Line the base of a baking tray with baking paper.
- Transfer the paste to the baking tray and shape into a square. Sprinkle the dark chocolate pieces over the top and press in gently.
- Freeze for 45 minutes or until chilled.
- Cut into 9 bars and freeze until ready to serve.
- Makes 9 bars
- Per bar
- 110 calories
- 6g fat
- 8g carbs
- 6g protein